However, when I try to work with the Mega 2560 and the Wi-Fi shield, the Putty window talks to the 2560 just fine, but after I get the message 'press any key to begin' and hit a key, I get the looping forever message. I really have no idea what was going on, though. There s nothing else to show, codlink. Sadly, I also learned that the few boards I ordered have an unreliable U. But if you're not up for designing your own shield, you don't care about power savings, you want something that just works with the indoor antenna , and don't mind putting headers on? I finally determined that the problem was with the U.
Maybe you folks can help me figure out more specifically what the solution is. Unfortunately, the Arduino Mega has limitations on certain pins and the Rx on pin 9 of the Mega will not work with software serial. Around -85db, connections get quite flaky. Yes, you are correct, it is in the examples. So if you want to use that library you should indeed jumper pins 0 and 1 of the shield over to pins that are compatible with the SoftwareSerial library on the Mega. Just not all of the time.
And, if you do make it work reliably, please let me know what on earth you had to do! No matter your vision, SparkFun's products and resources are designed to make the world of electronics more accessible. May they help you avoid hours of wasted time. You may need to modify existing libraries or code to work with your specific hardware. You can sometimes find updated software development kit downloads, or other helpful links here. Once that's done, you can hook up an external antenna for outdoor use.
I will say that it's 100% not the sketches fault for it not working. This involved an hour and a half of troubleshooting including half disassembling one of my radios until I depowered the shield and everything went back to normal. Since this is an Arduino shield, it makes it easy to attach to any development board that utilizes the Arduino R3 layout. A simple and some should really be all you need. Any time it's set up for external antenna use, I have serious reliability issues. No guarantees, but it's going to work more often than not.
Others are unreliable all the time. Yes, right out of the box. When I try to run the program, the shield connects to my wifi network, however it doesn't send the text message to my cell phone. I've been working on a wireless moisture sensor project on and off over the past month or two. It bothers the members here when beginners come on here and ask for help but they are unwilling to help us to help them. Any help or idea on how to integrate the shield into blynk will be much appreciated! It is a good looking device, with nearly all the useful pins brought out to 2. Wifi is not necessarily a beginner protocol whether you are using the router or the Wifi shield.
Attached are several pictures showing the Arduino board and the WiFi module, each by itself, and then there is one showing the WiFi module attached to the Arduino. It doesn't respond to serial commands if it's busy. It helped, at least somewhat. I run it from the Uno, runs fine, run from Mega 2560, get the loop forever. Using Temboo and the Sparkfun esp2866 shield library I have generated the code below with all my personal information taken out.
There should be a couple new entries in addition to the standard Arduino boards. If this thing were a little cheaper, I would buy a handful. Try to not jam the whole board into the Arduino and connecting the board level with the microcontroller. Any more detail on the actual shipped firmware or the possibility of a firmware dump from a working unit? You will be required to have a fundamental knowledge of programming and be required to provide your own code. Since this is an Arduino shield, it makes it easy to attach to any development board that utilizes the Arduino R3 layout. Anyway, I have been pondering stand alone too.
I treated the number as ascii characters, still no luck. However, when I try to run the same code on the Arduino Mega 2560, it does the thing where it tells me it's looping forever when accessing it from Putty. It's not clear to me how to program the hardware serial interface and also how to distinguish programmatically between the available hardware ports on the Mega. If you wait a few seconds and try again, it will probably work. The solution is to power cycle. Maybe you just missed a step.
In the Arduino world we refer to the Arduino pins whenever possible. It seems that your git repo is not compatible with this version. In my mind, the most likely solution is to swap some pins, either programmatically, or with a soldering iron and wire cutters. If timing isn't critical, sleep for 4s or 8s conveniently doable with deep sleep code on the Arduino and try again a few times before giving up. It comes in the familiar Arduino Shield shape, and should work with any similarly-sized Arduino-compatible development board out there. Connecting with an Arduino Mega You can also see this error if you are using the example code with the Arduino Mega.